Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Based on Sir Ken Robinson speech and I completely agree. School are killing creativity. I have many reasons to why I believe this. First, schools have a very controlled environment where usually the is only one correct answer. I feel this does not let kids discover new ways and ideas to things and are destructing the creative ability. As a student myself I can say that I could probably come up with 10 different ways to use a pencil then i could now. I feel the basic rule to stay in the lines of a drawing is destructing creativity itself. Why not color outside the lines? It may become worth something one day rather than a plain drawing where anyone or anybody could replica. There should be many more learning strategies out there beside the basic math, language, and science.

I say we should take our learning environments to the next level. For example maybe instead of answer a plain multiplication problem we could see different strategies to solve it then the traditional steps. We must take baby steps to rediscover the creativity that is blessed in humans but in order to that schools will have to change the their teaching strategies. Have you ever had a child ask you why? to everything sometimes you just dont have an answer.  I think this is the small hint of creativity in a child. Those questions that they ask dont need to have an answer. But a child should not let go of it quickly but embrace it and embrace the creativity in themselves. So instead of answering with a "just because" or "because I said so" why not ask "what to do you think"?

With such a lack of creativity in schools we may not have many inventors or new products in the future. Im not talking about an iphone 9 or a new laptop. Im talking new original products like maybe smellivision or time travel. Things that don't even exist in an original. I hope schools bring in creativity to brighten our future and theirs.

                                                                                                                                  Thats all for now!            
                                                                                                                                      - Nandhini
                       
                             
                 

No comments:

Post a Comment